"Somehow I can't believe there are any heights that can't be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. This special secret, it seems to me, can be summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Confidence, Courage, and Constancy and the greatest of these is Confidence. When you believe a thing, believe it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." -Walt Disney

Saturday, August 4, 2012

See Ya Real Soon!

Well, I didn't think I was going to get on this morning and write before I set out, but it just felt like the right thing to do when I woke up this morning. But, I'm still gonna make this short.
As I look around my packed up and empty room, I can hardly believe that it's over. There were definitely days when it felt like this program was taking forever and that I would never get to see  my family again. But there were also days and times that I wished would last forever. Like last night, with my roommates, Natalie and Kylie. We had a slumber party in the living room for my last night. Is it too much to ask to pack them up too and take them with me?
I literally hated my job here. It was really frustrating to me, throughout my whole program that I had to work in Food and Beverage at the Sports Complex. It was like, out of all the hundreds of jobs I could have had, this was the one that was least like my personality. And along with that, I realized that I don't really like working for large corporations. I'd rather work for a small business where I can feel like my contributions are valuable. That being said, I'm still glad that I came, and I'm even glad that I worked at the Sports Complex. I wouldn't have met the people I did if I hadn't.
I also realized even more so what a great treasure my family is. I've seen a lot of families here and met a lot of people and heard a bit about their families. My family really is unique, and I would do anything to be with them forever. It has also increased my desire for my own family. I just wanna have little girls and dress them up like princesses and the boys like pirates! Oh, it will be so much fun. Someday.
Through all the struggles and the ups and downs, I really am glad that I came here. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father gave me this opportunity to see life a little differently than I've seen it before. It's been an amazing ride.

You're welcome, Mickey. Thanks for letting me help make the magic.

See ya real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment